Sunday, January 4, 2009

Christmas: Part 2

We had a wonderful time in Iowa with our families!! Here is a little recap of our trip. BEWARE: This might be my longest post ever.

Sunday, December 21: We are suppose to arrive in Cedar Rapids at 2:06. We get to the Raleigh airport and find this...



I panic as soon as I see this, but try to remain positive. We go to the "kiosk" as they call it, and soon find our flight has been canceled. Major bummer, but we still try to remain positive. We wait in line for 2 hours and almost get into a fight with a Delta employee....seriously, I almost did. After trying to find any flight into Iowa/Minnesota for the day, I am told all flights are canceled because of the weather or full. We're told we have a flight the next morning. Meanwhile, Jesse has been in a good amount of pain from a toothache and hasn't said more than 10 words all morning. I feel bad for him and also upset that we lost a day of vacation. We call our friends and they pick us up from the airport. Jesse's pain is getting worse by the minute. We call Dr. Trunnell (our Iowa dentist) and he calls in a painkiller and an antibiotic to a pharmacy in N.C. Jesse is feeling better by the end of the day.

Monday, December 22: We wake up early (5am) for our first flight (first of three I might add). I'm feeling extra sleepy and get some Starbucks to wake me up. Jesse isn't saying much, but he's not in a lot of pain. Here's where the "fun" begins. As we are taking off the runway, he grabs my empty cup and vomits. I feel so bad for him and am trying not to lose it myself. He proceeds to do this (sorry babe) for the following two flights as well (7 times in all-gross). It was AWFUL to say the least. Between each flight I am dragging a carry on suitcase, my purse, a backpack with a computer in it, and Jesse's camera case . He can barely walk and I'm sweating to death carrying all of our stuff and worrying if we'll make the next plane with our short layovers. We FINALLY make it to Cedar Rapids where my dad and sister are waiting. Then none of our luggage arrives. Fitting huh? We drive straight to Dr. Trunnell's office and find out Jesse has to have a root canal. :( It was one day I never want to repeat, nor does Jesse I'm sure!!

Tuesday, December 23: Jesse is feeling much better-Praise the Lord!! My parents had planned a special day for all of us in Des Moines and we weren't sure if Jesse was going to be able come, but he did! :) We all (my parents, my sister's and their husbands, Jesse and I) drove to Des Moines in the afternoon and shopped at Jordan Creek Mall. Then we all ate at a great restaurant and saw "Triple Espresso: a highly-caffeinated comedy". I had seen them in San Diego when I was in high school and loved it! They were very good and very funny. We got home around 1am. It was a fun day!













Wednesday, December 24: We did some last minute Christmas shopping and enjoyed a yummy meal made by my mother :) We also attended the 11:00pm Christmas Eve service-next year we will have to go much earlier because Ava will be with us! :)


2nd Christmas Eve as a married couple :)




The original Ferguson Family :)

Thursday, December 25: MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! Woke up and took all of our traditional pictures. We spent the afternoon with Jesse's parents and opened gifts with them. Then we all went back to my parents and feasted! Dessert was held at Jen and Dave's house. It was a great day...we were only missing Leta and Jay :(


Our traditional Christmas morning picture in our jammies :)


Baby Ava had more presents than anyone :)


My dad and our dog, Tigger, hanging out :)


Snowing on Christmas Day-had to capture it.


Deb and I...I have the best mother-in-law!!






Sisters....


And the men we love :)



Christmas lovin'

TO BE CONTINUED.....

3 comments:

Megan said...

Sounds like you guys had quite the traveling adventure again this Christmas! When is Jesse done in North Carolina? Hopefully before next Christmas so you don't have to go through all of the traveling headaches again!!!

Anonymous said...

love it---even though I've heard it a ton of times, I still totally laughed at the airport part....just picturing you carrying all of jesse's crap!! and jesse! lol

Stephanie said...

Love seeing all the pictures again and hearing the story about the airport...good thing you blogged about it, next year you can go back and laugh at it! I'm with Megan though, hopefully next year you won't be so far away that you'll have to fly home!!