I haven’t been very good about blogging lately. :( I’m going to try to update more often, even if it is short or insignificant! We have been in Virginia since Friday evening and are having a blast with Jay and Leta. I don’t have work today or tomorrow (teacher workdays) so we decided to drive up for a loooong weekend. :) We have been eating a lot (shocking, I know), watching a lot of football (Go Cardinals!!) playing lots of Nintendo (old school 64) and shopping of course! On Monday, we drove with Leta to the Williamsburg outlets and had a successful trip! None of us left empty handed and we all found some great deals. Jesse and I continued shopping today and emptied our wallets a little more. We didn’t buy each other anything for Christmas, so this was kind of like our Christmas presents to each other (at least that’s what I keep telling myself). :) Anyway, the beauty of it all is that I have 2 days of work this week and then another weekend is here! Yay :)
We were also glued to the t.v. for 3 hours this morning watching the inauguration. I don’t really remember watching one in the past because I was always in school, but it was definitely interesting to watch. It is so easy to pray for people you know or yourself and forget about our nation’s leaders. I really want to try to make an effort to remember to pray for President Obama and his staff. I don’t know about you but I would NEVER want that job!!
We are heading back to NC tomorrow. They got some snow today and everything was cancelled. Jesse was mad because he desperately wanted to get a picture of a palm tree with snow on it. I’m sure it will all be gone by the time we get back tomorrow. :) Thanks Jay and Leta for being such great hosts!! We love you!!
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Posted by Jesse and Stacie at 5:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Thanks for the update Stace, I didn't know you guys were still in Virginia! I'm surprised you didn't try to make it to the inauguration :) Good thing, you would have been cold I think. Drive home carefully!
stace, agreed. we watched the coverage yesterday and it totally motivated us to pray for mr. prez himself. i wrote more aboot it on steph's blog.
Post a Comment