
Jesse and I spent the afternoon on the Virginia Beach boardwalk for the Neptune Festival (home to the 36th Annual North American Sand Sculpting Competition). I proudly wore my new Iowa sweatshirt in honor of the big game tonight! (I saw one Penn State fan and stared him down). :)
It was quite crowded, but lots of fun.
The boardwalk is 2.5 miles long, with this "non-walking" trail beside the boardwalk for bikers/bladers/etc. (I guess except during this event). I can only imagine how crazy it is during the summer!
Jesse and Neptune himself.
There were arts and crafts...
Delicious, overpriced food which smelled sooooo good...
And live entertainment.
Standing on the beach, looking South. The vendor stands stretched along most of the boardwalk.
Standing on the beach, looking North.
Jesse enjoyed watching the big ships come in and out of port. We saw a handful of them while we were there.
Horseback riding on the beach...maybe someday. :)
It was a fun way to spend the afternoon and learn more about this new city.
!!!NEW APARTMENT PICTURES TO COME TOMORROW!!!
Saturday, September 26, 2009
On ThE bOaRdWaLk
Posted by Jesse and Stacie at 7:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Looks beautiful! Except for the cloudy day part :) I like your new Iowa sweatshirt...I also stocked up on some Iowa gear while I was in Waterloo this week! I wore one of my new shirts in honor of the game tonight too...what are we, like sisters??
Looks like so much fun. What a great place to live. Hope we can visit someday!
Post a Comment