You were warned...this is random.
1.) Jesse has been training all week and starts in his office on Monday. I'm excited to see how his first day goes! My little hubby, heading off to work. :) Sounds so...grown up! This will be a new season in our life...no school to worry about anymore. HALLELUJAH! Now if only we could eliminate those pesky students loans....
2.) I think I might be addicted to Craig's List. Not buying things...just looking! I've never really looked until the past month and now I can't stop (ok, it's really not that bad)! I love to read people's descriptions of their things and then look at the picture and see if I agree. Yes, I'm a loser.
3.) We are approaching my FAVORITE time of the year. I LOVE September-December! (Jesse is shaking his head in disappointment). :) I LOVE trying new recipes during Fall and I spent a good hour or two going through my cookbooks the other day, in hopes of finding some new things to try. I have several in mind! This weekend I plan to tackle a batch of chili, pumpkin bread and a chex mix/snack type thing. None of these are new, but still yummy.
4.) We visited a new church this past Sunday and we really liked it! I went in with no expectations and just wanted to check it out. After the service we both agreed we wanted to come back the next week. The head pastor is from Australia (think Steve Erwin preaching the Gospel...with maybe a little less enthusiasm). :) Actually, he was out of town and a guest speaker preached (also from Australia...haha). He was very good though. And the worship was incredible. Very powerful service. It was very obvious that God is using that church. Excited to go again!
5.) I woke up one morning this week, opened the blinds to our deck, looked around at our new place and was so thankful. Those months of unemployment...worry... stress... fear... and God had this in mind for us. All along, he had every detail worked out in advance. In less than 24 hours, everything changed. I am so humbled by His timing. I remember praying/complaining one day and asking, "When is it going to be our turn for good news? Why are so many good things happening to everyone but us?" While I truly was happy for the good things happening to those around us, I was also a little sad that we had nothing to "celebrate." (Don't like admitting those things, but they were my honest thoughts). And then I remember reading that we should rejoice in God's faithfulness in other people's lives and know that he was/is/will be faithful in our life as well. What a great reminder.
6.) Hawkeyes are 4-0 baby!!! I'm just sayin. (I warned you this was random).
7.) LOVE the new David Crowder c.d.!! I could listen to it all day. I've tried. Jesse said, "Stace, you're gonna get sick of it." I replied, "not possible." They seriously rock.
8.) One of my favorite things about our apartment is our garbage disposal!! You seriously don't know how much of luxury it is unless you don't/didn't have one. Our old apartment STUNK all the time and we took the trash out religiously. One thing I DO NOT like about this apartment is the fact that our dishwasher did not come with a place to hold silverware?!?!? This is crazy to me. I called the office and they informed me they don't come with them....I don't believe them. We are going to buy one somewhere because washing a sink full of silverware = no fun. What do they expect us to do, just toss them in there are hope none of them fall through?!? Whew...I feel better now.
9.) Aren't you glad this is almost over??
10.) I got three packages in the mail today. I felt important and popular....just kidding. Hey, the postman didn't know it was my birthday! :)
Thursday, October 1, 2009
10 random thoughts in no particular order
Posted by Jesse and Stacie at 4:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Funny! I liked your random list :) And how fun to get 3 pkgs. in the mail today!
#2 I love to read the pets sections. People are really funny about animals. I have read some fights going on in there. People have way to much time on their hands
Post a Comment