Thursday: Jesse's bound theses came in the mail (10 weeks after turning them in)! He was very excited to finally have the hard copy in his hands. :) He looked through it for quite some time, as if he had never read it before. I kept teasing him and reminding him that HE wrote it and nothing in it should be a surprise. :) He didn't appreciate my comments, haha.
Friday: Jesse didn't have to work because he had already put in his hours. Wahoo!! We headed to the beach and ate lunch on the boardwalk. It was HOT (upper 80's), even in a tank top and shorts! It was also very windy and the sand was pelting my legs. I even screamed, "OUCH" out loud a few times. Jesse thought I was being dramatic. :)
After we left, we headed to a new mall and Jesse purchased 3 shirts for work with a giftcard he got from his birthday. Gotta love free clothes! I don't remember what he did that night, we were tired from the sun and wind! HOWEVER, I do remember that as we were getting ready for bed, Jesse found a HUUUUGE bug (I can't even stand to tell you what kind) sitting on our bathroom sink. Gross. After he drenched "it" with bug repellent and hairspray (ha! that's all we had and you aren't suppose to step on or crush "this" kind of bug), "it" was dead. I hate _________!!!
Saturday: Woke up and literally the first thing I did was call pest control. After we hung up, I'm sure they laughed at my description of the _________. THIS time I wasn't being dramatic! :) That afternoon we headed to Wal-Mart for some groceries and _______ "traps". We filled up the car and headed towards home. And then the dreaded question, "what's that noise?" Sure enough we had a flat tire. Super. So Jesse changed the flat, in the rain, with our car full of groceries. In the past 2 years, we have had 3 tires with blown belts and 1 flat. Such is life. And then Saturday night, we watched the Hawkeyes win again!! It was a fun/stressful game, to say the least. Phrases such as "He's such a moron!!" or "Open your eyes and catch the darn football!" certainly did NOT come out of my mouth. :) I'm quite...."spirited" when I watch my Hawks play. I can't help it, it's in my genes. Right, Dad? BUT, we are 6-0 and it's great to be a Hawkeye fan!! 
You have no idea how much I would have LOVED to have been there!!
Sunday: Went to church and then to Sam's club to get a new tire. An hour and a half later...we had one. (Note to self: hot dogs at Sam's Club are NASTY). Went home, Jesse napped and I made some new cookies.
Oatmeal cranberry white chocolate chunk cookies. Say THAT 3 times fast!
We watched more football and enjoyed our evening. It was a crazy weekend and I hope the next one won't involve flat tires or ________. Otherwise I might get REALLY dramatic. :)
Monday, October 12, 2009
A weekend in the life of Jesse & Stacie...
Posted by Jesse and Stacie at 4:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Yes, Sam's hot dogs are nasty!
Em
Was it a roach??? Gross!!
Post a Comment