Lots to update! It's been a crazy couple of weeks...good and bad. Let's see...where to begin. Well, two weeks ago I got a call from a job I had previously interviewed at, but had declined. We'll refer to this as Job A. They called back with other openings and I decided to go in and talk about the new positions. I initially declined because I didn't have a good gut instinct about the place, I didn't want part time hours, and I didn't want to work with that certain age. This new opening was full time and with a different age group. They offered me the position and I accepted. I really wanted/needed a job and talked myself into the position. BIG mistake.
Around that same time, I was having REALLY bad heartburn that lasted for days and wasn't improving. I had never had this kind of pain. I was starting to get scared that something was really wrong. My first day of training was last Tuesday and the pain was worse. I had to leave early and go to urgent care (horrible first impression, huh?!). My boss was NOT happy. Red flag. Jesse picked me up and took me. I had some blood work done and got some medicine to help with the acid reflux. Still very uncomfortable and hurting. I called her that night and explained, apologized profusely and she was very cold and rude. Second red flag. I went into work the next day to finish training. Thursday and Friday we were closed due to the Nor'easter. Praise the Lord! I wasn't feeling much better over the weekend and went back to urgent care. This time they scheduled a test at the hospital for Friday, the 20th. (It's called a "barium swallow").
I go to work on Monday, from 12-6. Absolutely HATED it, for so many reasons, but I will spare you all the details. H.A.T.E.D. it! Many more red flags. And it was making me feel worse. I called Jesse on the way home and said, "Just want you to know that this will NOT be a long term thing because I hate it." Haha. He just laughed and said, "Ok." :) I went to bed thinking, "What have I got myself into?!?" and dreaded the thought of going back the next day.
I woke up the next morning to my phone ringing and my voicemail going off. It was from a different job (let's call this Job B) that I had interviewed with a month ago. This place had an opening for a teacher assistant position at a small, Christian school. I thought the interview went well and really liked the little school. I had a very peaceful feeling about this job and was not at all nervous for the interview, which was the complete opposite from Job A. A week later, I had got an email saying the position was on hold. I was disappointed, but replied and said that I was interested and to let me know when it became available. Anyway, the voicemail said to call them back if I was still interested. Um.....YES!! So I called and talked to them, explaining that I had started a job last week, was really unhappy, etc. She said to think and pray about it and let her know within 24 hours. I still wasn't exactly sure what my chances were of getting the position, but I really wanted it to work out. So that added to my stress, wondering what I would do it this fell through and I was stuck at my current job that I HATED.
Then I got a call from the Dr.'s office saying that they wanted to do some additional blood work because they were concerned about my glucose levels. Fantastic. More tests scheduled for Friday morning. I had a lot on my mind and was on the verge of tears all morning. I was anxious about these tests, dreading the thought of work and now wondering about this new possibility that I desperately wanted. I prayed all the way to work and asked God to help me get through the afternoon!
I got to work and talked with my boss for a few minutes. I had sent her an email the previous week about being gone for a week over Christmas and the day after Thanksgiving and that we had already purchased plane tickets, made plans, etc. When I brought this up, she was short with me and again not happy. More red flags. I survived the afternoon, still not feeling well. I drove home and immediately called the lady from Job B. She basically said if I wanted to job I could have it. I did a happy dance right there on the phone. I can't even tell you how much relief I instantly felt after that phone call. I was SO thankful and excited about this new job. God literally rescued me with His perfect timing and I still can't believe how it all worked out.
I went in yesterday and talked with the lady from Job B and will start after Thanksgiving. Here is a picture of the school...
It was built in 1764 and it so charming in the inside! It feels like you are stepping into a completely different era when you walk in. The children range from 3 year-olds through 4th grade. I will be the 4 year-old assistant teacher, which is what I did for the past two years in North Carolina. It is VERY dressy, the elementary boys have to wear ties! Haha. My wardrobe is going to need some updating! Another great thing is that it is less than a mile from our apartment! So I can come home for lunch every day, which is great. Anyway, I'm very much looking forward to starting here and will have to take some pictures of the inside.
So, that's the latest with us. Oh, we might have found a church we like as well! I would greatly appreciate prayers for my tests tomorrow. I am anxious to get them over with and get some answers!
One week until Thanksgiving!! :)
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Rescue
Posted by Jesse and Stacie at 11:18 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Congrats on the job!!!! We will be praying for all of the tests and that you feel better..
Post a Comment