Sunday, December 13, 2009

9 to 5

I've been meaning to update with pictures of the school that I work at, but we've been busy! Jesse is currently working on our Christmas letter and we are working on everything that has to be done before we fly home on Saturday. I can't believe Christmas is so close! :) We are SO EXCITED to go home for Christmas. Maybe even a little giddy. :)

Anyway, here are some shots of the school I took this week. This building was built in 1764 and it is quite charming.


This is the front of the building. The picture is a little dark, but you get the idea.


Front gate, all decorated for Christmas.




This is what you see when you walk in the front doors. The classroom I am in is immediately to the right.


This is the "cafeteria" where we eat. It's quite small and we have to squeeze about 30 kids in there, three times a day.




This is the kitchen, obviously. :)


And another view of the kitchen.


This is the 4 year-old classroom that I am in every day. It's not very big and with 19 kids, it can get kinda crazy sometimes!



So anyway, just thought I would share a few pictures of my "9 to 5" life. :) Not your typical school. Well, this is short but I've got to keep moving and check on our Christmas letter. Ahh...nothing like waiting until the last minute. :)

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

It reminds me of colonial williamsburg! Especially with all the magnolia leaf and fruit garlands and wreaths! Pretty...I can't imagine how you squeeze all those kids in there!

B. said...

Adorable! And very much like Williamsberg (or what I would expect Williamsberg to lok like!)