Thursday, February 25, 2010

Weekend Getaway!

We had a GREAT "Valentines" weekend and even though we didn't leave Virginia Beach, it still felt like we were "away." We woke up Saturday morning, got ready, packed an overnight bag and hit the road. We didn't have an agenda, which was nice but also strange. I wanted to know where we were going! :) We drove around new parts of town that we'd never seen, ate some lunch, and shopped at Target. Jesse kept asking, "where else do you want to go?" but I didn't have anything else in mind. I knew he wanted to take me to the Cape Henry Lighthouse, so off we went.


It was very tall, with LOTS of stairs. I was huffing and puffing when we finally reached the top, but was glad to notice other people were too. :)


At the top! It was a gorgeous day...


The lighthouse is actually on a military base.







After this, I asked/told Jesse I wanted to go check in at our hotel. :) I had guessed earlier in the day that it was somewhere on the beach. He finally told me I was right and drove to the hotel.




Nice view huh? :)

After we checked in, we walked to some shops along the boardwalk. There were actually a lot of people out excercising and enjoying the nice weather, especially for February.





We decided to eat at the restaurant in our hotel and we both enjoyed our meals. Jesse ordered barbecue chicken, mashed potatoes and fries. :) I ordered a crab cake, mashed potatoes and asparagus. After dinner we relaxed in the hot tub, which was glorious! It's been awhile since I've been in one and this one was HOT.


The next morning we ate a very impressive complimentary breakfast and sat on our balcony until our check out time. I was going to shower and get ready, but then Jesse encouraged me to just enjoy the view and shower at home. Good idea babe!






I am one blessed wife!

Thanks for the wonderful weekend Jess!! I love you!! xoxo
Your adoring wife,
Me :)

0 comments: