It's been a CRAZY couple of weeks, to say the least. I've not been feeling well since Memorial Day (including 2 visits to Urgent Care), we've had weekend visitors for the past 2 weeks (which has been fun!), preschool graduation, last week of school activities, etc. Housework has been abandoned, home cooked meals have been few and far between and I am WORN OUT. Oh and we "celebrated" our 3 year Anniversary and Jesse's birthday. When I say "celebrated," I mean they happened. We have yet to celebrate anything. This weekend we'll do something fun. Jesse has been AWESOME with helping me out and picking up the slack around here though. Thanks honey! :)
Leta and Jay came to visit over Memorial Day weekend! The weather didn't cooperate so we went shopping, played lots of game and hung out together. We rarely take pictures when we are together, but we love when they come visit! For some reason, we always eat a ton of junk food. And drag our husbands to the mall. And laugh our heads off. :)
The next weekend, Philip and Beth came to visit. It was a VERY hot weekend and we spent a lot of time outdoors, but it was fun!Virginia Beach Oceanfront on Saturday morning.
Jess and Phil at the Cape Henry Lighthouse. I opted not to climb it this time due to the extreme humidity/heat.
Jess, Phil and Beth spent the afternoon at the beach, while I had to head home and get ready for my school's preschool graduation ceremony. Jesse was able to make it to some of it and take some pictures. It was outside at 4:00 and it was SWELTERING!! I couldn't believe how good the kids behaved because the conditions were terrible.
Empty, quiet classroom....ahhhhh. :)
Later that night we decided to go out to eat. After much deliberation, we chose a local restaurant called Rudees.On Sunday we went to church, took naps, spent a few more hours at the beach, and played hours of dominoes. :)
We love having company and really enjoyed our weekends of fun. :)
A few days later, Jesse celebrated his 27th birthday! 27?!?! We started dating when he was 18...where have the past 9 years gone?? I am more in love with him than ever before! Happy Birthday from your adoring wife! xoxoThursday, June 10th was the last day of school. This date has been in my head for a long time, haha. I haven't shared much on here, but it has been a challenging couple of months at work, to say the least. I took over the head teacher position about a month ago and it has been stressful(not because of the kids however. They have been GREAT and I will miss them dearly). Anyway, I planned a pizza party picnic on the last day of school and they were SO excited about it!
Gift bags all ready to go! I wrote individual notes to all 19 kids...it took forever. But I hope it was meaningful to them because I truly love them all.
Nothing like a good ole picnic on a summer afternoon. :)
My K-4 class.
How cute are they?? :)
Hot, sweaty, hungry 4 year-olds. :)
Love this little turtle cupcake dessert :)
Also adorable and creative. I don't think I'll ever be one of "these Moms." :) I just don't have the creative juices and patience in me for this kind of time consuming task.
Kids sure enjoyed them though! :)
Her Mom made the graduation hat cupcakes. Sweet little girl.
Sooooo that's the latest with us over the past couple of weeks! It's officially my first day of summer today and I plan on spending the rest of the afternoon at our pool! Have a great weekend!!
Friday, June 11, 2010
It's officially SUMMER!!
Posted by Jesse and Stacie at 11:30 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Congrats! You made it to the end of the year :) Enjoy your pool time and rest a little so you don't have to go back to urgent care in the near future! Your kids are darling, love all of their big smiles! I'm sure they'll miss you this summer :) Ava says hi! She'd like to be in you pre-k class one day too!
Post a Comment