Well, I've (Stacie) decided to give in to this blogging craze and begin a site about us- Mr. and Mrs. Brass. (Still trying to get used to "Mrs. Brass," by the way) :) I hope it will be easier to keep our families and friends updated with what is happening in good ole' North Carolina. Where to begin....I was trying to think of a creative title for our blog, but thought that "the start of something new" was appropriate for us. We've had many "news" in the past 4 months! Just to remind you...got married June 1, moved half way across the country in July, started new jobs and graduate school in August...and those are just the major ones!
Anyway, before we moved I heard many comments like, "I could NEVER move away from my family and friends" or "you don't have a job lined up?!" or "you won't know where you're going to live until you get there?!" At first these comments offended me a little, making it sound like we were crazy, irresponsible kids. Was it easy leaving our hometown and everything that was familiar to us? No. Do we miss Iowa? Yes. Have there been tears and lonely days? Yes. Do we regret our decision to move to North Carolina and are we unhappy? No! We've truly felt that this is where God wants us to be and there have already been many situations that have reminded us of His love for us. For example, one morning I was driving to work and heard a song that was in our wedding. For whatever reason it made me cry and I was missing "life back when." That same day I went to get the mail and opened a card from someone who said they've been thinking and praying for us back home. That made my day, to say the least!!
Anyway, change is not always easy, but it doesn't mean it is bad! We are learning and growing together and I'm thankful for that! :) These past 4 months have been an "adventure" for sure! Wow, this first blog is a lot longer than what I anticipated. Don't worry, they won't all be this long and serious :)
Jesse has been gone this weekend for a fieldtrip to the Outer Banks. Although he only left yesterday morning, I am ready for him to come home! Well, I'm making a new meal tonight and I need to get it in the crockpot so it will be ready when he gets home!
p.s. What is up with the Hawks?? Ouch.
Sunday, September 30, 2007
Change....
Posted by Jesse and Stacie at 2:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Hi Stace! You joined the blogging world! Very nice start...Mom and I like your first entry! We miss you but we're glad you are happy and coming home for Thanksgiving...hope your dinner is good tonight...I bet Jesse can't wait to see you again!
Love,
Steph
Hey Stace! Liking the blog... :) I haven't checked my gmail account in awhile so I just discovered that I had some e-mails from you! I hope everything is going well with you - hopefully Jesse had a good camp-out for his class! :)
Yeah the hawks are doing really bad. Although, the Cubs are on a role and I'm excited! I'm glad to hear you guys are doing well out there. OH yeah, Jesse and photography are a very good combo. Those pics are very very good. I thought those were done by a professional when I first looked at them. Wow!
Post a Comment