Sunday, January 20, 2008

Weekend visitors and the new addition to our family!



No, we did not get a pet. :) Our new addition is.....(drum roll please) another car!!! For those of you who don't know, Jesse and I have had one car since we've moved to NC. Jesse has either biked to school or I've dropped him off. We've made it work for the past 6 months, but it hasn't been the most convenient, I must say. In November we decided that it was time to start looking for another car because it's just too cold to bike and if our car had serious problems, I don't know how I would get to work (which is in another town), etc. Anyway, we got a call from Jesse's sister, Leta in late November and she told us about this new job that she was hoping to get. If she would get the job, she would get a company car and we would get her current car (formally Jesse's parents). Well, she just started her new job a few weeks ago and now we have her old car! Leta and Jay drove it down this weekend and spent some time with us, mostly relaxing, eating and watching movies. :) We love having some of our family only a short distance away!

Anyway, we're thrilled to have another car and very thankful. This is just another great example of how God has provided for our needs. Like most newlyweds, we have a limited budget and buying another car was something we were not excited about. But all along, the Lord knew about this job for Leta and how it would allow us to have a second car. God is good!

It was funny because yesterday we were suppose to get anywhere from 1-3 inches of snow and the news stations were covering the weather all day. Well, we woke up this morning and there was maybe 1/8 of an inch. :) I even saw people on Friday night buying snow boots at Target! It is so funny because people FREAK OUT at even the possibility of snow and want it so bad!

Well, I'm getting ready to cheer on the Packers to victory in the NFC championship game tonight!! I'm also cheering very much against the Patriots this afternoon. :)

1 comments:

Megan said...

I'm speechless... what happened with the Packers???