I attended a women's conference at our church this weekend called "Pursue the Passion." I've been hearing about this conference for months and was interested, but didn't really do anything about it. This week at school the other 4 year old teacher asked me if I was going because she had been to some of these conferences in the past and said they were really good. So we agreed to go together and I am SO GLAD I did!! The speaker was wonderful and very powerful. Her name is Lysa TerKeurst and she's the President of the Proverbs 31 Ministries. Anyway, her testimony is incredible and I was actually sad when the conference was over....I truly wanted to stay and listen to her speak all afternoon! I prayed this week that God would use this speaker to touch every woman who came and I can't speak for anyone else, but I was very encouraged and humbled. Tears rolled down my cheeks as I sat in my seat and listened to her tell story after story of how God has changed her life. It made me realize, once again, how incredibly blessed I am!! I think this was my first real "women's conference" and I'm already looking forward to another one :)
Jesse is busy again with school and enjoying the new freedom he has with a second car :) Although he has tons of responsibilities with school, he also takes on some responsibilities at home...so he's one busy guy. Despite all of this, he doesn't stress out like most people do (take it out on someone else, gets sick, grouchy, etc.) I'm very thankful for that because I know if the roles were reversed, I would not be very pleasant :) He even "scolds" me for not relaxing enough and sometimes almost forces me to take naps, which I don't mind :) I try explaining to him that laundry and dishes aren't stressful to me...they actually give me a sense of accomplishment. He doesn't quite understand this :) Well, on that note....I'm off for a nap before church!
Saturday, January 26, 2008
"Pursue the Passion"
Posted by Jesse and Stacie at 1:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Sounds like a good conference! I went to a Women of Faith one several years ago with my mom and sister and sister-in-law - it was a lot of fun, but I wasn't married at the time so there wasn't a whole lot aimed at an unmarried college student! But now that I'm married I'd like to go to another one sometime! Have a great week!
Post a Comment