Happy belated Valentines Day!! We had a great weekend...we honestly looked at each other last night and commented about how much we enjoyed it :) We celebrated on Friday night and first went out to dinner. Jesse ordered pizza and it was quite good, my meal...not so good. But I quickly forgot about that after I finished my amazing piece of white chocolate raspberry cheesecake. (YUM!) Then we went to a movie, something we haven't done since we've been married!! That was also fun, especially because we had free movie tickets :) So, those two things alone were great because we rarely do them. We slept in Saturday morning and then I made our favorite meal after we got home from church.
On Sunday we went to one of my favorite stores in Greenville because I wanted to see if they had any new stuff come in lately. We weren't in the store long before I spotted a piece of art that I thought would look nice in our living room. I showed this to Jesse and he didn't say no right away so I knew he liked it too. We walked throughout the store for awhile discussing whether or not we thought it would work and he left the final decision up to me (smart guy). :) Well, I really liked it but was slightly nervous because this particular store does not allow returns or refunds. I decided to be bold and we bought it. (This is a big deal for us because our apartment has BIG white walls that we can't paint, so finding something we both like, is affordable, etc. isn't easy! We also don't want to just buy stuff to fill up the walls if we don't really like it). So we got home and hung up the picture and loved it!! It looks like someone painted it just for our living room. The colors, the frame, etc. just really compliment the rest of our stuff. It makes such a big difference to have something on a big, ugly white wall. So, yay we were happy! :) I will post a few pictures soon.
So all in all it was a good weekend. Jesse didn't have as much homework as he usually does, so we had more time to just relax together and hang out. It really put me in a good mood on a Monday morning :) I look forward to many more of these "normal" weekends once Jess is done with school! We also agreed that we need to go out on dates more often. It gives us something to look forward to and takes us away from home, where we are constantly reminded of things we could be doing instead.
Monday, February 18, 2008
XOXO
Posted by Jesse and Stacie at 6:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Stace,
What movie did you see? And why is this the first movie you've been to since June??? Stacie! You guys need to see more movies! I thought I was bad...looking forward to seeing the piece of art you chose. That's fun when it works out. Glad your weekend was fun...please go see Vantage Point this weekend...we can't wait to see it!
So what is your favorite meal?
Post a Comment