Two words: bacon grease.
Last Thursday night I was making eggs and bacon for dinner (yes I said dinner, not breakfast) because there simply was nothing else to eat. Jesse's plate was full and he was just about ready to sit down and enjoy, while I was draining the grease from the pan so I could start my own bacon. However, I miscalculated the size of the bowl I was holding, assuming that the BOILING, HOT grease would not overflow. (One might ask....why didn't you put the little bowl in the sink and then drain the grease? One might answer....because the sink was full, I was in a hurry, etc. etc. etc.). It all happened very fast but as soon as I realized that the grease had drenched my right hand, I screamed and threw the pan into the sink. (Now the darn grease was all over the counter, the floor, my sweatshirt, etc.) The next couple of hours were very painful and although I didn't shed a tear, I definitely could have. Jesse took good care of me and ran to the pharmacy to get me some Tylenol. Live and learn. :)
Yesterday we went to campus to take a walk because it was so nice out. (I almost feel guilty for saying this...knowing that many of you are suffering with below zero temps.). Anyway, it was good to get a little exercise and of course, take a few pictures. :) Trees are actually budding here and flowers are blooming in front of our apartment building...in February!!
Monday, February 11, 2008
Ouch!!
Posted by Jesse and Stacie at 8:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
You poor thing. We have bacon and egss for supper or even pancakes from time to time and it is ALWAYS a hit.
Ouch Stace...it's looks bad. Is it feeling any better yet? Grease is nothing to mess with...as you now know. Hope your hand feels better.
Post a Comment