Sunday, May 25, 2008

All by my lonesome

Well, Jesse left about an hour ago for a research trip to the beach. He's going with some professors and classmates and they'll return on Friday. They are staying here,

http://www.sunrealtync.com/smc/plugin/search.php?productId=
1844<emplate=details&templateId=68&pageId=98&search=details
(sorry, you have to copy and paste this link into one big line)

which I'm sure will be fun. Don't ask me what they will be doing because I don't know :) It's way too technical for me. However, he's getting paid, the house is free and I sent him with a big cooler of food so hopefully it will be a "cheap" trip. Sounds like a tough week huh? :) In Jesse's defense, they'll be walking around in big dunes in the hot sun, carrying heavy equipment so it won't be all fun and games. He will also defend his thesis proposal (hopefully) on Friday and will have that hanging over his head all week. However, I know he'll love every minute of staying in a house on the beach and falling asleep to the sound of the waves every night :) I, however, wish I was falling asleep with him and hope the week goes quickly. :(

Thursday was our last day of preschool and we had a program and 4-year-old graduation ceremony on Thursday night. It was a great year and I found myself getting a little teary eyed when they walked down the aisle in their little caps and gowns. I was also sad because we had some car problems this week and Jesse found out right before the program that he couldn't drive the car, so he was unable to come. However, the car is fixed for now and our bank account can attest to that! Ouch.

I got some really cute things on Thursday since it was the last day of school. All the parents got together and donated some $ to get some gifts for the teachers.


This pot is cute..all their little hand prints :)


I hope these will survive without direct sunlight...we don't have any by our door. I do not have a green thumb like my mother-in-law, but I'll do my best. :)


I love this clipboard! How cute :)



I also got a gift certificate to a cute, little gift store and one of those "Willow Tree" angel figurines. Very thoughtful.

Happy Memorial Day weekend!!

1 comments:

TRUNNELL NEWS said...

So what will you do all summer with preschool closed?