Sunday, May 18, 2008

Lizzie Louisiana

Last night I attended a "Night of Mystery" party and the theme was "Miss America 2008." Everyone was assigned a character, whether it be a contestant, judge or beauty coach. We also received detailed packets in the mail describing our character and what we need to know about the other characters in order to prepare for the actual party. The party was similar to the game "Clue" where someone is murdered and you have to question people about what they know, while trying to maintain your own innocence so people won't vote against you. Anyway, it was just a fun, silly party that actually involved a lot of work and planning. A girl from our Bible study was one of the people hosting it so that's how I got involved.



Miss Louisiana and her dashing husband.




I borrowed this dress from a high school girl who helps out at the preschool. I was very fortunate that it fit because I don't know what I would have done otherwise. I don't think I would have been able to get away with this dress if I was in high school!



Everyone had to pose in front of the banner when they arrived, shortly before they received their sash.



This is the whole group...as you can see some of the costumes were quite beautiful :)



These girls are in our Bible study. Left to right: Kristin (Patty Pageant), Meredith (Coach Cartier), Jordan (Miss Texas and Alaska) and Rebecca (Miss Arizona).

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Stacie that is hilarious! I can't believe you agreed to that!! And you definitely wouldn't have been allowed in Walnut Ridge with that dress and its scandalous back!! Sounds like it was fun...who curled the back of your hair??? Jesse????

Jesse and Stacie said...

Haha-I actually agreed to it before I found out what is really was :) I curled the back of my hair...it was very stressful and took forever, but I was too cheap to buy a wig :)