Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Majesty palm

Last weekend Jesse and I ventured out to Lowes to look for a large, indoor plant. We have high, vaulted ceilings in our living room/kitchen and because we live in an apartment, there are bare, white walls. We really like the vaulted ceilings and it feels a lot bigger, but the endless white walls bother both of us, to say the least. So we looked and decided to purchase a "majesty palm." We knew very little about this plant and bought it minutes before the store closed. We have come to find out, however, that this lovely "little" palm that we have so kindly welcomed into our home can be high maintenance. :( Words like "spider mites" are enough to make me itch just looking at it. However, it does look nice and gives the room a completely different look. Jesse LOVES it and wants more. I had a more gradual appreciation for it and was a little intimidated by its massive size! It really didn't look so big in the garden center, I promise! We have a year warranty on it so we'll see...



3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
TRUNNELL NEWS said...

I just can't get over how much nicer young married apartments look than when I got married. We had no style and no concept of how to decorate on a budget... It was long before HGTV and TLC changed the world... Hmmmmm.. Very impressed.