Christmas is coming so quickly this year...two weeks from tomorrow we'll be flying to Iowa for 12 days!! We are SO excited to get away from school/work and spend time with our families. Christmas is by far my favorite holiday for many reasons...1.) I love that our Savior was born in a manger and how humbling that story is every time I hear it, 2.)I love the Christmas Eve service at our old church, 3.) I love Christmas hymns that we sing at church during Advent....and the list goes on and on.
I also enjoy the little, insignificant things that remind me of Christmas as well. Unlike most people, I actually enjoy Christmas shopping! (I do not, however, like cramming presents in suitcases and hoping they survive). I love real Christmas trees and the way they smell! I love Christmas decorations, inside and out. I also love family Christmas traditions, no matter how old I am! OH...and I also love snow on Christmas :)
This Christmas will be the first one where my sisters and I will all be married and the last one without any babies crawling around. Next year little miss Ava will be joining in on the fun! :)
Our Christmas fun begins this coming weekend when Jay and Leta will be arriving to celebrate with us in the Outer Banks!! We got a hotel room on the beach and we plan to open presents, relax, watch some movies, shop and eat! Sounds perfect, only 6 more days...
Saturday, December 6, 2008
Tis the Season
Posted by Jesse and Stacie at 9:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment