Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

Jay and Leta drove down to spend the weekend with us and we loved it! We shopped a little (thanks for helping me find sunglasses Leta!), ate a lot (what's new), played Nintendo for hours (this only happens when we are together) and spent a day at Wrightsville Beach (ouch!). We didn't take many pictures and I hate that...oh well.

This picture makes me laugh because we don't look very happy here, haha. It was just bright and a little chilly when we first arrived. Little did we know how warm it would get and how much we would get sun-baked!


Wrightsville Beach - this is where Jesse "works" :)




Love this picture! Sailboats are so pretty to me. I would love to go on one some day.


There were hundreds of boats lining the beaches around us. Jesse says the next island down is an undeveloped nature preserve and accessible only by boat. It draws thousands of beach-goers to it every weekend during the summer.




The islands, inlet, and beach we were at are all part of Jesse's study area for his thesis.

We had a great time and loved having visitors! Thanks Leta & Jay, for coming down and for dinner - we love you guys!!

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

Looks like fun Stace! I miss wrightsville beach, I always liked it a lot :) Wear your sunscreen Stacie Jo! That was the "mom" part of me that just came out. We missed you here, maybe next year?? Although Ava would love to to the beach too!