On Thursday, May 21st, we had our last day of preschool. Last year at this time, I was thrilled to be done! This year it was more bittersweet, because I knew I wouldn't be back in the fall. We had our last day of school and then that evening we had our "End of the Year Program" and 4 year old Graduation. We have been practicing for the past month for this night and I didn't know what to expect because most of the time, the practices were average, at best. I don't know who hated the practices more, the kids or the teachers. :) They surprised us all and did SO GOOD! Every child sang and "stood still" as best as they could. I was so proud of them.
Look at how shy they look, who are these children?? :)
Singing "The Butterfly Song"-so cute!
I have LOVED working here over the past two years and will truly miss it!! I don't know how many times I've said that this never felt like work to me. I never went to bed at night and dreaded getting up the next morning. I loved the kids, the environment and most of all, my coworkers. They made it so enjoyable and I will miss them more than they know. No one could truly understand my day like they could. I dread saying goodbye to them, it will not be pretty, haha.
This is the only picture I have of us together, and one of the teachers is missing. Left to right: Tracy, Janet, Barbara and I.
I was offered this job 3 weeks before school started in the fall of 2007. I can't imagine how stressed they must have been not having an assistant teacher that close to the beginning of the year. They had done interviews but no one seemed right for the position. I now know that God had this job planned for me and "held that spot open" for me. I am so thankful for that. This little preschool will always have a special place in my heart!
Now for some of my favorite gifts from my little kiddos!
How cute is this?! Harry wrote on it and then it had to "bake" in the oven so it won't come off. It's from Starbucks. Love it.
From the other side, haha.
One little boy picked this out because he thought I liked cupcakes :)
Someday when we have a yard, I will use this cute little flag :)
This beach tote is adorable and we've already used it!
I love this kitchen towel and the verse.
This was one of the things I got from the teacher I worked with. So sweet.
Pretty pink plant from a sweet little girl. Ignore the huge, green pot. :)
Saturday, May 30, 2009
Goodbye Farmville Presbyterian Preschool!
Posted by Jesse and Stacie at 11:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
So once Jesse is done with his thesis, do you know where you guys are headed?
Cute gifts, they give good ones in North Carolina! I don't think Jennie's end of the year gifts compare :) Glad that was a great way to end the year!
Post a Comment