Saturday, July 18, 2009

Tasty summer salads!!

So Jesse has been at school all day and I'm bored, so here are 2 easy, yummy recipes I highly recommend! The first one is Crunchy Chicken Salad:


The ingredients are: Coleslaw mix, Chicken, Ramen Noodles (without seasoning), Mandarin Oranges, Strawberries, and any vinaigrette dressing you like(I chose Raspberry and Walnut-the brand was Ken's).

You pretty much just add however much you want of each ingredient. I toasted the ramen noodles and they tasted much better than plain noodles. Also, don't add the noodles until you're ready to serve it because they will get soggy. It's sooo tasty and very easy!


The second recipe Chicken Salad:


2 1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
2/3 cup dried cherries (I used dried cranberries...whatever you prefer)
1/3 cup chopped celery
1/3 cup chopped tart apples
1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
1/2 cup mayo
4 teaspoons buttermilk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper

In a large bowl, combine the chicken, cherries, celery, apple and pecans. In another bowl, combine the mayonnaise, buttermilk, salt and pepper; add to chicken mixture and mix well. Spoon 1/2 cup chicken salad onto each croissant. Yield: 7 servings.

This is also very good. I made it two weeks in a row because I couldn't get enough of it! I definitely recommend it if you like chicken salad. So there you go, something new to try. And it seems fairly healthy too! :)

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Yum, those both look really good. I'll have to try those this week. I just bought some chicken and didn't know what to do with it, now I know :) How did your sweet potato turn out?

Dave and Jen said...

you just made me hungry!