Friday, August 14, 2009

Eat your vegetables!



Jesse and I have gone to the Farmer's Market every weekend for the past month and a half. I was really hoping to get some sweet corn one last time today, but it is no longer available. Darn. So instead, we got these veggies. I've been trying to incorporate more veggies into my every day eating. I sauteed a cucumber for lunch and it was quite good. Heck, anything tastes good when it's cooked in butter! :) Now the real trick is trying to convince Jesse to eat some of these. He likes eats corn, potatoes, beans, carrots, and lettuce. His favorite is lima beans, which I had never had until I met him and still can't believe he likes them. :)

Another thing I've been trying to be more faithful about is getting more exercise! (Some of my shorts/capris from last summer are a little more snug than what I would prefer...I hate that feeling). Now, it's been disgustingly hot and humid here, but we will often go on our walk/bike ride around sunset. I've walked about 16 miles this month and Jesse rides his bike along side me. :) We really look forward to it and find it a great time to just talk, without any distractions. I'm very glad he does it with me because there really is no "physical" benefit of riding a bike at walking speed. :)

I've also been trying to read more. (When you're unemployed, there is a lot of time to think about ways in which you would like to improve)! :) I've finished two great autobiographies in the last couple of weeks. I borrowed both of them from my sister, Steph.


This was very interesting, even if you aren't a big basketball fan. She has endured so much tragedy in her life and her testimony and the way she has dealt with everything is very admirable.


I just finished Mandisa's book and it was also very interesting. If you are an American Idol fan, you would enjoy it because it talks a lot about her experience with American Idol. She is also a strong Christian and quotes a lot of Scripture. Both were great, easy reads.

So there you have it, my thoughts on ways to improve your mind and body! :)

0 comments: