Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Job Hunting and Pool Day

Jesse submitted his thesis last Thursday and we've been enjoying our time together since! We took a couple of days "off" and just had fun together...something we've been robbed of this whole summer! We slept in, lounged by the pool, made our weekly trip to the farmer's market (which we both enjoy!), grilled out, watched movies... Then on Sunday we got back to work and looked for jobs for most of the day. It's nice to have another set of eyes to search, especially since we also have to look for temporary jobs here! Have I mentioned I can't wait until this "phase of life" is over??? :)

I'm REALLY trying to be content with our situation, although it isn't easy because now that we have nothing "keeping us here", we are VERY ready to leave! I know that might sound bad, but it's just the honest truth. We've been here for two years and accomplished what we wanted, and now we are ready to MOVE ON. :) We've made some wonderful friends, were able to travel to some awesome places, and made some great memories. It hasn't always been easy. There have been "growing pains", tears, disappointments, frustrations, etc. We've missed our friends and especially our families.

BUT, I wouldn't trade the past two years if I could. It has brought us closer together and closer to the Lord. It has brought us out of our comfort zone, challenged our patience and perseverance, and opened our eyes to how much we are not in control of our lives! I was thinking to myself, "Wouldn't it be really neat if Jesse found out right after he was done with school that the "Charleston job" wanted to do a second interview? That would be such an awesome reward." And then Thursday morning I opened the email (which explained that they had hired someone else) and read it while he was in the shower. It was very disappointing, to say the least. I didn't even want to tell him and ruin his last day, but I knew he would want to know. He handled it like I thought he would, he was calm and didn't seem upset in the least. I put on a brave face and then fell apart as soon as he left. I was, as Southerns say, "a mess". :) I've had a weekend to recover, and although Charleston is still VERY appealing to me, I'm trying to let that idea go. :)

So, in the meantime.....


Jesse created this little "title page" :)



We spent 2.5 glorious hours at the pool yesterday and we had the whole thing to ourselves (besides one other girl). We blew up our raft for the first time since our honeymoon.


It was well into the 90's and we were in the water most of the time. It was so refreshing and very relaxing :)




It was so cute, Jesse kept saying, "This is so fun!" :) Just like a little kid.


I admit, I get bored easily at a pool...but I could do this all day! On our honeymoon, Jesse gave me a hard time because I would float so far out into the ocean and didn't even realize it! :) Oops!


One of the few perks of unemployment! :)

1 comments:

Megan said...

Looks like you guys had a good time catching up on some down time! So are all of the jobs you are looking at on the coast, or are any in the Midwest?