WARNING: FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO DON'T LIKE FOOTBALL, YOU MIGHT WANT TO SKIP THIS POST. EITHER YOU WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND IT OR THINK I'M A COMPLETE NUT.
Drama. One word to describe this weekend. Again, we were exhausted last night well before bedtime. I thought weekends were suppose to be relaxing?! Where to begin...
Friday night: TJ Maxx to the rescue! We've been looking for chair cushions for our new patio chairs, which have been hard to find. We found a set of 4 for $20! Yay! So when the first two get nasty, we have two new ones. :)
Also found a little stand for the patio as well. We looked at a couple of different stores for pumpkins to carve on Halloween, but they were all gone. Oh well. I actually don't really like carving them because they are so messy and time consuming, but Jesse likes it. We have not carved pumpkins together since 2004 so I suppose we're due. Sorry babe...next year we'll have to plan ahead and not wait until the day before Halloween.
Saturday: Woke up to a beautiful morning! 80 degrees, blue skies, fresh air...
Hawkeye game at noon. Thought this game was going to finally be an "easy" one and one I could enjoy. I was DEAD wrong. By far...the strangest game I have ever seen. We don't have ESPN so we had to watch it on the computer. First half was PATHETIC, but we are a second half team so I wasn't terribly worried. And then the nightmare that was the 3rd quarter!! We had FOUR interceptions in ONE quarter. FOUR!!! It was sooooo frustrating to watch and I didn't have the nicest things to say to our quarterback. "WHY IS HE STILL IN THE GAME?!?" and "A FOURTH GRADER COULD THROW THE BALL BETTER THAN THAT!!" etc. But what I didn't know at the time was that the wind was a HUGE factor in that quarter. And then the fourth quarter started and it was like watching a whole new team. We had some incredible touchdowns, came back from a 14 point deficit and won by 18 points. It was AMAZING. I have never experienced so many emotions in one game and I had a headache after it all ended, haha.

This season has been so fun to watch. We continue to get NO RESPECT from the national media, even though we are 9-0 and have one of the toughest schedules in college football. We've come from behind in 8 out of 9 games to win, but no one seems to acknowledge that. In fact the more we win, the more we are criticized! All I know is that there isn't a team out there who has more heart, determination to win and stamina than the Hawks. So to all you announcers who I want to punch in the face, QUIT saying we are "lucky" and actually pay attention to teams other then your precious favorites like Florida, Alabama, USC and Texas! (Phew...that feels better!!)
Saturday night we were able to recover and relax a little after the dramatic game. I've been fighting either a cold or allergies for the past couple of days and have been blowing my nose frequently. I quickly walked into the bathroom to grab a tissue and there on the counter, in the same spot, was another HUGE _____________!!! I SCREAMED bloody murder and ran away, hitting my hand hard on a chair. Jesse found him and tried to kill him, but he quickly crawled behind be cabinets. (Yes, the ________ is a "he" in my mind). I was very disgusted and mad as a hornet that another one made an appearance. (The pest control didn't come weeks ago when the first one appeared and then the office never returned my call when I asked about this).
So the next morning we marched right down to the office and explained the situation. The lady told me they only come twice a month and my previous request must have been too late...which was a lie because I called on the 12th and pest control comes on the 19th. So someone didn't do their job. Then she precedes to tell me it was a "waterbug" and not a ___________. I was skeptical, but thought waterbug sounded a lot less scary than ___________. She said until pest control comes, to plug all the drains to keep them away, since that is how they get in. Well, we researched "waterbugs" and found that this term is a nicer way to describe a particular ___________. So. totally. gross.
Sunday morning we tried a new church. It might have been the longest hour and a half of my life. It's so hard to get a feel for a church through a website, but we can't seem to find a balance between charismatic and boring. We have visited some VERY interesting churches in North Carolina and Virginia. I wish you could experience some of these church visits and you would know what I mean. :) WOW. Anyway, after church we braved the Wal-Mart crowd (never again on a Sunday morning). I quickly became "ill" as they say in the South, while trying to dodge endless shopping carts and wait "patiently" for slow, annoying shoppers. We enjoyed the rest of the day and said goodbye to another weekend.
Monday, November 2, 2009
Heart Attack Hawks and another __________!!
Posted by Jesse and Stacie at 8:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Are they roaches or what???
Now who doesn't like football??? :) I am enjoying watching the Hawkeye games and checking out Facebook to see what you and your sister have to say! Maybe some year when you are back to visit we should go to a football game! I too am annoyed by the media for not giving the Hawks credit, but I guess I am used to us being overlooked! It's not impressive at all that our recruits are the ones that the other "big" schools overlooked and yet we are still able to win all of our games... :) Cross your fingers for Pasadena!
LOVE IT! So here is my new thought on the announcers...they ALWAYS say, good tieams find ways to win when they aren't playing good. Weird...Iowa hasn't played one entirely good game and have still won em all...i guess that would qualify us as good, right? So America just wait until we actually play good!
Post a Comment