Monday, January 18, 2010

Turtleneck Sweaters, Cooking, Technology

I've chosen to number this entry by topics because they have nothing to do with each other and I don't feel like creatively tying them all together. :)

1.) I recently discovered that I have a slight obsession with turtleneck sweaters. I don't know where it's come from, but in the past couple of months I have purchased several. (None of them were over $12!) Every day when I look in my closet, that's all I want to wear. They are comfortable, stretchy, keep my neck warm and I just love them. I think they look extra cute with a pretty scarf or fancy earrings. I don't know how "fashionable" they are, but I don't care. I'm not your typical woman when it comes to fashion. I do not have an obsession with shoes and I recycle my old purses. Just a few weeks ago I was at Target with my sister-in-law and I commented about a purse I liked. She said, "Get it! You've had that purse forever!" I had to laugh, it was true. I get it from my Mom. We used to always make fun of her for having the same purses and shoes for years. Sorry Mom. I'm sure my kids will make fun of me too. :)

2.) I got a new cookbook for Christmas and have enjoyed going through it and choosing recipes I want to try. My Saturday morning routine (after making french toast for the hubby) includes making a grocery list and deciding what meals I want to make for the week. Some weeks I just stick with old recipes but other weeks I like to try something new. Last week I made "Garlic Lime Chicken" for the first time and Jesse loved it! He said, "Next time, add another chicken breast." I love it when he likes what I make. :) I don't have to work today because it's a holiday and my first thought was, "Oh good, now I can make a big meal." :) Usually I don't get off of work until after 5:00, so I usually save time consuming meals for the weekend. So, tonight I will make "Chicken Spaghetti" for the first time. Hopefully it will be another recipe to add to my list! My mom cooked all the time (and still does) so I hold myself to a high standard when it comes to cooking homemade meals. :) My mother-in-law is also a wonderful cook so Jesse is accustomed to tasty meals as well. I've learned that cooking is a trial and error, never-ending process, but it's rewarding when you make something that tastes really good! :)

3.) Jesse has been doing some research for a new computer for awhile now because his computer is 5 years old and sloooooooooooow! Even though computers/technology can be extremely frustrating, I am SO thankful for them. I love that I can hop on the internet (specifically email, blogs and facebook) and "see" what people are up to. I would be so much more homesick if I didn't have instant access to pictures, emails, etc. from family and friends. We Skyped the other day with Ava for the first time and we loved it. Although it did make me want to reach through the computer screen and smother her with kisses and hugs. :)

Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day! :)

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

Did you make the Chicken Spaghetti and did you like it?? Amy made it and her family loves it...I've been wondering if I'd like it or not :)