Thursday, January 28, 2010

Snow?! and cozy pants

My blogging has not been impressive lately. I don't know what it is, but I haven't been motivated. Please forgive me. One of the main things that stresses me out is that I hate my background template. I've tried to learn how to upload pretty templates with all the bells and whistles, but it's too complicated for my technologically challenged brain. Maybe I'll put Jesse up to the task of creating something cute and pleasing to the eye...

It's currently 60 degrees and a little hard to imagine that tomorrow we will be under a winter storm watch. We are suppose to get 5-8 inches of snow (we'll see) on Saturday and I'm actually hoping we do. I would love to see how a beach town reacts to snow. :) It will be the first time it's snowed here this winter. I have a big container of chili in the fridge, plenty of food to get us through the weekend and would actually enjoy being "forced" to stay home. I would even welcome the idea of not having school on Monday too! :)

However, I will be disappointed if it cancels this...

We are planning on attending this on Sunday night in downtown Norfolk, if the weather allows. Some of the artists include: Third Day, Newsboys, Tenth Avenue North, NewSong, Sidewalk Prophets, and others.

I'm enjoying my job as an assistant preschool teacher and come home every day with a story or two to tell Jesse. 4 year-olds are quite funny and they don't even know it. I crack up at their comments every day and most of the time they aren't even trying to be funny. A couple of days ago, school was almost out and all the kids were sitting and coloring at their tables. All of a sudden, this little boy started crying and told us he wet his pants. Sure enough, there was a little puddle on the floor and his pants were soaking wet. We thought this was so strange because he had never done this before. We scrambled to find some spare pants he could change into until his Mom came. We told him, "Take off your wet pants and underwear and put on these dry pants." At this point the class had realized what had happened and he was becoming hysterical. We turned our backs for 5 seconds, only to find him taking his pants off in the middle of the classroom! We quickly stopped him and sent him to the bathroom. After a few minutes I went to check on him. I opened the door and tears are still streaming down his distraught little face, as he's "wiping" his wet pants with paper towels. I explain for at least the second time to take everything off and put on these dry pants. He looks at me with these horrified eyes and cries, "No Mrs. Brass I don't want to put on those new pants because mine are so cozy!!!" It was so hard not to laugh, but I tried to convince him that dry pants would be even more cozy. It took some convincing, but he finally changed. :) Never a dull moment with a room full of 4 year-olds!

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

That is hilarious! It's a bummer when your coziest pants are soaking wet with urine! Poor little guy :)

Give me your info to access your blog and I'll change it for you :) We've got to move beyond the Christmas background!