I haven't blogged in A LONG time. I needed a break for some reason. It was starting to feel like a chore to me, something to be crossed off a list, even though I only updated about once a week. So, I ignored it and didn't feel burdened by it anymore. But then I started feeling guilty. Especially after a comment or two was made about "its" absence.
But, I'm feeling like my blog and I can become friends again. :) Absence makes the heart grow fonder, right? It's been awhile, so forgive my jumping from topic to topic.
*Spring has arrived in Virginia Beach and it's been beautiful the last couple of weeks!! Trees are blooming everywhere, people are out walking their dogs and I am a happier teacher when my kids get to run off their energy outside! :) Jesse and I have been going on several walks around our complex and even enjoyed a few hours at the beach last weekend. Even though we had a mild winter, I'm ready to pack away my beloved turtlenecks! :)
*It's been a sad day after the tough loss of our beloved Panthers last night in the NCAA tournament. They played great and I know the whole state of Iowa (and beyond) was so proud of their Sweet 16 appearance, not to mention their AMAZING victory over #1 Kansas. Still though, it's disappointing because they were SO close and it was so exciting to watch them play. :( I'm sure their program will continue to grow and gain respect after this wonderful season. Proud to be a Panther! :)
*Jesse and I found out a week ago that we are going to be an aunt and uncle again!! :) Little Ava Pagey will be a big sister this fall. We are so excited about another niece/nephew and can't wait to love and adore another precious baby!!
*Speaking of Ava, we CAN'T WAIT to see her in 6 days!! We're flying to Minneapolis this Friday and will be in Iowa until April 11th. My school has Spring Break next week and Jesse has vacation days so we are heading to Iowa for the week. :) Last Easter we were in Minnesota, anxiously awaiting the arrival of Ava. This year, we will be celebrating her 1st birthday! Where did the year go?! Anyway, we are trying to get on top of things this weekend so the last minute details won't be stressful. I headed to the mall today to look for something to wear on Easter and finally found something! Nothing too fancy, something bright and "Springy" and something I can wear to work! I'm very indecisive so it took longer than I wanted, but it was another thing crossed off the list of things to do! I also bought one of Ava's birthday presents and it is soooooo cute! :) Tomorrow I desperately need to clean the bathrooms and do some laundry. Jesse is going to finish our taxes tomorrow too. Knowing we have a 4 day work week and a long vacation makes everything more enjoyable! :)
*I made a quick trip to the grocery store today to get a few things for the week. I needed some more coffee creamer and literally stopped in my tracks when I saw this...
WHAT?! This was extremely exciting to me as I LOVE this creamer. Every year during the holidays I load the fridge with it because I know it's only available for a limited time. Now I can indulge ALL YEAR LONG!! :) After I got home from the store I told Jesse, "GUESS WHAT!!!" and I pulled it out of the bag. He was happy for me as he knows my love for peppermint mocha creamer. :)
That's all I've got for now! I will try not to abandon my blog again...I know it's really annoying/boring when people don't update very often. It is time consuming and I don't always feel like I have anything "significant" to say...kinda like this post, haha.
Happy Spring!
Saturday, March 27, 2010
Panthers, Pagey and Peppermint Mocha!
Posted by Jesse and Stacie at 9:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Wow, I didn't know you could get peppermint creamer all year now! I'll have to go get some too! Pagey is counting down the days until you're here! She's going to love it!
Post a Comment