I've only posted once in April...yikes! I admit, I'm more of a blog reader than a blog writer. Other people (including my hubby!) are so creative with their every day writing and I can barely write 2 in one month!! How embarrassing. I wish I could just whip out a blog every other day, full of funny and interesting stories, but I can't (or better yet, won't). Even this dumb little paragraph has taken me way too long, haha.
Anyway, one of the things I've noticed when working with kids, is how "quirky" they are. They all have their own little ways of doing things that make them all unique. Sometimes these "quirks" can be annoying, frustrating and even funny. Then I started thinking about my own quirks. What odd/peculiar things do I do that people would label "quirky"?
So here's my list. Please don't judge me. :) Some are more strange than others.
1.) I'm a very random eater, which drives Jesse crazy. I can eat 3 completely different things in one setting that do not "go together" at all. What do I mean by "go together," you might ask? For instance, I might say, "Do you want some mac and cheese for lunch" on a Saturday afternoon and his response will be, "Well, what else are we going to have with it?" To which I reply, "Have whatever you want...???" My hubby likes to have meals that coordinate. :) I'm more of a garbage disposal eater...whatever looks good, I eat! Tonight for instance, I ate a bowl of asparagus and peanut butter toast for dinner, haha. That's not too weird, is it??
2.) I like to eat tuna straight out of a can. I would bring it to lunch a lot in high school and all my friends (except for one, thanks Ben!) would be so grossed out. There are very few people I know that do this, so I know it's "weird" but I don't care. I still love it! :) Hmm...that would have been good with my asparagus and toast tonight...
3.) We have 2 bathrooms in our apartment and I shower and get ready in one and Jesse showers and gets ready in the other. Mostly because it's convenient to have our own space when we are both up in the morning. Anyway, I admit "my" bathroom is always the messier one. If someone unexpectedly came over and needed to use the bathroom, I would definitely make them use his instead of mine. Is that weird, that I'm the girl and my bathroom is messier??
4.) I only drink coffee on certain days of the week. Eek. Don't judge! I started this "ritual" after we got married that I would only drink coffee on certain days. (I can already feel you mocking me). I didn't want to be someone who HAD to have coffee in the morning in order to function. Therefore, I picked 3 days that I would drink it and now it's this weird habit that I don't want to break, haha. So, I actually look forward to the days that I "can." Now sometimes, when I'm feeling really wild and crazy, I'll drink it on a different day. And when I'm on vacation, the rules go out the window. But for the most part, I only have it on three particular days. I can't believe I just admitted that. Oh, and my coffee days are Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. :)
5.) I do not put something in the dryer unless I know I can immediately get it out when it's done. I HATE wrinkly clothes and like to fold them right after they come out. Unless they are towels, then I don't care.
Well, that's enough of my quirks for now. I hope I didn't scare you away with some of my deep, dark secrets, haha. :)
Friday, April 30, 2010
Quirky
Posted by Jesse and Stacie at 9:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I'm terrified that we are related! Ha Ha :) Although seriously, you only drink coffee 3 days a week??? Just so you won't need it?? Oh Stacie, I think Jesse has really rubbed off...That soooo sounds like something he would say!! That made me laugh out loud!
I knew the coffee comment would leave criticism... :)
Post a Comment