I thought I would post a few pictures of our fall decor around our place. (I'm sure the only people who care about this are my mom, sisters and mother-in-law). Sorry. :)
I've had this little pumpkin plate for a few years, but have never used it as a spoon rest before. I didn't have a place in mind, so I tried it on the stove and liked it! I got this turkey towel last weekend at T.J. Maxx and thought he was cute. :) I was on the lookout for some cute, fall kitchen towels and couldn't find any I liked. Target really disappointed me. Mr.turkey will have to do for now.
We call this our "Hawkeye corner". :) My parents sent us this fun plate a few weeks ago and we won the salt and pepper shakers from a Christmas bingo game a few years ago. I love that little corner during football season! Go Hawks!!
I got this cornucopia in North Carolina and I love it. The last couple of years I've had it on the coffee table but I wanted something different this year. I probably get a little too excited when they have the gourds and pumpkins out for sale in the grocery stores. :) I love filling them up inside my cornucopia!
The candle centerpiece is also new. It's kind of hard to see in this picture, but I think it's pretty. The table is kind of simple and plain, but I think I like it that way. At least for now, haha. The dining room table is my least favorite thing to decorate because it's so big and it intimidates me.
I think these were the first fall decorations I bought when we got married. I bought them at Michaels on a very tight budget. :) I still love them because they remind me of that first fall together in North Carolina.
Jesse had a research conference in Charleston during grad school and he bought me this leaf plate while he was there. It was his first time to Charleston and before I had ever visited. So this plate is also special because now we live here!
The picture here was our Christmas card picture last year and I thought it looked cute with a mini pumpkin next to it. I discovered the fall colored raffia in World Market and liked how it dressed up the plain, orange candle. The fall accessories on the plate are some of my favorite things. The big, sparkly leaves are from Pier 1 and I always regret that I didn't buy more as they've never had them back. Oh well.
My sister-in-law knows me too well and got me this awesome birthday present!! I've always wanted one, but we've never had a yard until now.
First loaf of pumpkin bread! Ignore the ugly top....I had to transfer it to another pan after it had baked some. Long story. At least it tasted good!
I made cheesecake (pumpkin) for the first time and was very happy with how it turned out! It was a lot easier than I had anticipated actually. I see many more in my future! :)
Happy fall baking and decorating!



0 comments:
Post a Comment