Friday, October 5, 2007

Cookout

Tonight we had a cookout at the home of one of Jesse's professors. All of the faculty and graduate students were invited, as well as their families and spouses. It was nice to meet some of his professors and classmates and finally put some names with faces. I stood back and watched as Jesse interacted with these classmates that he has known for a little over a month and smiled to myself. He's known these people for such a short period of time and already they are drawn to his sweet personality. Jesse has always had such a special gift of connecting with all different kinds of people and making them feel comfortable. I admire that because that does not come as naturally to me! Anyway, that has always been something that I love about him and it was really neat to see tonight. I am so blessed!

We don't have anything exciting planned for the weekend, but that is ok with me! I'm hoping that the Hawks can pull an upset, but not counting on it. I'm excited (and a little jealous) that my parents are flying to Hawaii on Sunday for a week! I can't wait to hear all about it!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Stace, I'm glad you are starting to meet some people. Sounds fun. You're right Jess is very good at getting along with anyone. It is amazing.