Thursday, October 11, 2007

Small Group

Last night we attended a Bible study with 5 other young married couples for the first time. This group was formed primarily through a church that we have been visiting for the past month. (Some of you know about our very "interesting" church experiences we've had since moving here, but we think we've FINALLY found the right one). Anyway, I was a little nervous beforehand because I knew that this group had been together for awhile. It is also a little intimidating to walk into a room full of strangers and say, "Hi, I've never met you but this is a major sin I am dealing with or please pray for this area of my life....and what's your name again?" In addition, I felt horrible yesterday and really wanted to just stay home and rest in bed. I later realized that this was Satan's way of saying, "You don't need to go, just stay home and rest. They don't need you in this group anyway."

Anyway, the night turned out to be great and Jesse and I walked away very encouraged and excited about this new group of friends. Everyone was so friendly and kind to us and we even felt comfortable with these complete strangers! (Our study is by Max Lucado and is called "Facing Your Giants"). I've been thinking about the discussion throughout the day today and wish I would have shared more about the "giants" we've faced in the past 4 months. Unfortunately, I think fear was the main reason for holding back my thoughts, opinions, etc. I know that God has so much to teach me, and us, through this group and I'm excited!!

Well, we're off to Virginia tomorrow for the weekend to see Leta. The weather has finally dropped below 80 degrees..yay!!

2 comments:

Megan said...

It sounds like you've found a great church - exciting! So how far away is Virginia?

Stephanie said...

Stacie,
Glad you guys went to small groups, sounds like you might find some great friends there. Have fun this weekend at Leta's!
Love,
Steph