Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Trick or Treat

Today we had our "Fall Party" (a.k.a. Halloween Party) at preschool. The kids were very excited and wild all morning. :) The parents had the option of providing candy to share with their child's classmates and everyone left with big bags of goodies! I tried convincing some of them that they didn't need to go out tonight because they already have tons of candy, but they didn't agree. I'm sure they will all be tired tomorrow after a late night tonight. I also took some pictures of Nathan and Sam in their costumes, which were super cute! I'll post those a.s.a.p.

The first thing we do every morning is have circle time. During this time we sing songs, talk about the calendar, (day, month, etc.), dress our "weather bear," say the pledge, etc. We also sing a song called "Please Pray to God" to the tune of Jesus Loves Me and ask if they have any prayer requests. Usually these requests are "I have a scratch" and then they look all over their arm to find one or something to that effect. I try not to downplay any of their requests but sometimes it is almost comical! The other day one boy said that his dog had died and I could see the wheels turning in their little heads. Pretty soon half of the class proceeded to tell me that their pet had died. Kids are so funny :) Anyway, the other day I was doing circle time and forgot to sing our song about praying to God. It was so cute because one little girl raised her hand and said, "Miss Stacie, I want to sing our song about praying to God." I thought about next year when they're in kindergarten in public schools and won't be able to sing or pray to God in their classrooms-how sad! Just thought I would share that cute little story.

p.s. Oh, the speedy chicken stir-fry was pretty good but I think I like it better as leftovers!

1 comments:

TRUNNELL NEWS said...

I don't have a current email for you and was too tired to check and see if your blog tells me so.. In answer to your question, there was a big UNI family game on that Saturday and some other event going on in town that took some people. Plus I think the advertising maybe caught the interest of the trick or treaters and not so much the people to make the cars?? Not sure.