I don't know if this is true for everyone, but it is for me. Jesse left this morning and returns Tuesday night from Charleston, SC (very jealous, fyi). He's going with a bunch of his classmates and professors to some big research conference. Anyway, I've been dreading this weekend because I hate it when he's gone. I find myself doing silly things to remind myself of him. For example, after I woke up this morning I wore his sweatshirt for awhile because it smelled like him. He's been trying to convince me all week that I would be fine (burned 2 c.d.'s for me, surprised me with a book I really wanted, reminded me of the football games I could watch, etc.)
To my defense, there is more to it then just one weekend. He gets home Tuesday night and I fly to Iowa on Thursday morning. Although I am VERY THANKFUL for the opportunity to go home for Thanksgiving, I am also sad that Jesse won't be going with me. Without going into too much detail, I was offered a free plane ticket to come home for a wedding involving two of my good friends. We decided that because we're coming home for Christmas and because Jesse has TONS of homework/projects due before the end of the semester, it would probably be best if he stayed in N.C. It was not an easy decision and I've vowed to never spend Thanksgiving apart again! We've spent every Thanksgiving together for the past 5 years and our first one together as a married couple will be apart. A couple of people in our small group offered to have him over for lunch, so I'm hoping he will eat turkey with someone! Sorry...enough complaining from me!! I truly am thankful for the chance to go home and I pray that God will give us MANY more Thanksgivings to spend with each other. :)
Thought I would attach a few random pictures that Jess took...
This is our apartment complex
A view from behind our building
ECU football stadium
Saturday, November 17, 2007
Absence makes the heart grow fonder...
Posted by Jesse and Stacie at 3:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Hey Stace! I hope you didn't watch the Iowa game today - it was not pretty! I wish I was going to be around for Ben's wedding next weekend but we're going to see Aaron's side of the family in Missouri. I wish they were getting married on a different weekend! Oh well... hope you are making it through the weekend!
Post a Comment