Saturday, February 2, 2008

The weekend is here once more...yay!! Last night we hung out with some of Jesse's friends from school, played games, etc. He and some of the girls in his department had organized a "game night" for Friday night. When he told me about this on Thursday night, I wasn't thrilled, to be honest. Mainly because the only other times I have been around his classmates were at 2 different social events (held at different professor's homes) and it was awkward because I didn't know anyone and some people weren't very friendly. But I thought I should be the loving, supportive wife and come along anyway. Well, it ended up being fun and I'm glad we went. They all talked about how they wanted to have "game nights" often and at the end of the night I even volunteered to have it at our apartment next! :) Anyway, I know it's important for Jesse to spend time with the other grad students and not be the "married outcast" of the group.

I usually like to make a more "time consuming" meal on the weekends when we are both home. (Monday nights-Jesse has night class...Tuesday nights-Jesse has discussion group at Panera...Wednesday nights-we have small group...etc). Therefore, it's hard to plan meals because I don't get home until around 6 on weeknights or many nights we aren't home together at supper time. Anyway, tonight I tried a new recipe called "Shortcut Chicken Manicotti" and it was quite good and very easy! I can always tell when Jesse likes something because he'll go back for seconds or thirds. :) I really enjoy trying new things and it doesn't intimidate me to cook for just us :) Some of the other new recipes I've tried haven't always been so wonderful, but this one he really liked.

I bought some snacks for us to enjoy during the Super Bowl tomorrow....although I am still mourning the Packers loss a few weeks ago. Jesse thinks I will be able to enjoy it more now that they didn't make it because otherwise I would most likely suffer an anxiety attack...which is probably true :) Go Giants!!

1 comments:

Megan said...

Ooh! Chicken manicotti sounds good! :) The Irish stew was pretty good, although I've never cooked with turnips before and I'm not sure if I'd put them in the next time I make that. You may have to send me that manicotti recipe though!