We had a nice weekend and are anxiously awaiting our mini-vacation to D.C. this weekend! I've been doing a little research online about sites, museums, etc. that would be fun to see and I'm a little overwhelmed. We definitely want to see all the major monuments and other popular tourist spots. Jesse's cousin, Katie lives there so we will have a great tour guide who can navigate the city and show us around. Yay! :) I'm sure Jesse will take A TON of pictures so we're hoping the weather will cooperate. It's suppose to be in the 40's with a chance of rain...hmmm. That's a little hard to accept considering it could be 80 degrees here tomorrow. Maybe the forecast will drastically change in the next couple of days :) Doubt it.
I'm also looking forward to our trip because I've been reading:
It's a long book and I've had to renew it at the library because I'm only half way done. However, it's very interesting and really neat to read how Billy Graham has had such a positive influence on so many of our Presidents. (Right now I'm reading about his time and relationship with Richard Nixon). Democrat or Republican- it didn't matter. Whether or not they agreed with Graham, almost all of them trusted him and respected him because of his love for God, character and integrity. It's a good book, not the easiest read, but good nonetheless. Anyway, because I've been reading it for the past month, I am extra excited to see many of the things I've been reading about. :)
Monday, March 3, 2008
Road Trip!!
Posted by Jesse and Stacie at 7:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Stacie you MUST go to the Holocaust Museum! It is amazing and totally worth it...please do not go to DC and skip that! Also, the Smithsonian is fun, lots to see that would interest both of you...I wish I could have gone to the Spy Museum and of course, would have LOVED to tour the White House, but I suppose that's asking for alot!
P.S.-Oh and wear comfortable shoes for sure...like tennis shoes. You'll be doing a TON of walking and standing everywhere you go...don't bring a heavy purse. Do I sound like Mom yet?
P.P.S.-Also, I just saw that book at Barnes and Noble today and almost bought it! I wondered if it would be good...sounds like it's worth it?
Sounds like a great weekend trip! I agree with your sis - the Holocaust Museum is completely incredible - definitely sobering though. Can't wait to see pictures! :)
You should go wherever your wife chooses. It's better that way - that way everyone wins and the husband doesn't get in trouble for being selfish.
-Jesse
Enjoy! I lived their for 5 months (plus took a couple special tours)and still haven't seen everything. Just see what you do and enjoy (you won't know what you missed anyway!!!!). :)
Post a Comment