Monday, April 28, 2008

IoWa

I flew home to Iowa (almost 2 weeks ago now!) for a long weekend to attend my sister's bridal shower. I flew in late Wednesday night and arrived back in N.C. Sunday night. It was a great trip home and it was fun to learn more about all the wedding details! :) I tried on my bridesmaid dress and it only needs minor alterations, yay! Jennie's wedding dress arrived while I was home, so she tried that on before the shower. It is beautiful and also fits very well. Jesse and I are so excited for the wedding and can't wait to be back for that whole week!

I was also spoiled with some great food while I was home. I absolutely LOVE my mom's rhubarb pies and she made 3 of them during my short stay in Iowa (they were all made from scratch...even the pie crust). :) My dad and I could eat rhubarb pie every day and not get sick of it! YUM.


I did the devotional for Jennie's shower. Since Steph did the devotional at my shower, I thought it would be nice to do one at Jennie's shower. Don't let my smile fool you...I was nervous and DO NOT like speaking in front of people. I DO NOT like it so much that I would rather go to the dentist, clean my toilets, get my eyebrows waxed AND go running at 6 am....all in the same day!! Really, honestly I hate it that much. Love ya Jen! :)





The shower was gorgeous and yummy!!


I also had a little time to catch up with some of my friends at Starbucks. The beautiful Megan Brummer and I.


Michelle Tink- the one and only decent picture we've ever taken.


My first time meeting baby Madison...adorable!


Lindsey Woods-love this girl too!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Love the pictures...apparently you and I never took one together, huh? Cute though...I might steal the one of the table for my blog...I didn't take any pictures from that day for some dumb reason. Can't wait to be home for the wedding week either!

Megan said...

It was good to see you - was it really two weekends ago??? :) See ya in June!