Saturday, July 12, 2008

New Job!

I haven't posted about this for awhile because I wanted to make sure it was going to happen. I have accepted a new job as the "On-site Coordinator" for the after school program at Farmville Presbyterian Church (this is where the preschool is also). So, in the mornings I will continue my preschool assistant job and in the afternoons I will be in charge of running the after school program. This is the first year of the after school program so there is a lot to do before the school year actually starts, but I'm excited about it. I will have one other teacher helping me and we will be responsible for helping them with their homework, having a daily devotional, planning games and activities, etc. We're going to allow no more than 15 students because it's the first year and we don't want to be in over our heads from the beginning. It will be a lot of work and my days will be long, but I think it will be really good experience and I'll be getting paid more! Yay :) What about the boys I nanny for, you ask? They will be in the program as well.

So, I'm trying to enjoy the summer as much as I can because once the school year starts, it's going to be crazy! However, I'm very thankful for the opportunity because I get to work in a Christian environment and help kids learn more about Jesus. Some of these kids do not come from Christian homes and so our ultimate responsibility is to introduce them to who Christ is and what our lives should look like with Him in it. One of the best things about kids this age is that they have that "child-like faith" and are very impressionable. Therefore, it will be a role that I will not take lightly. More to come...

3 comments:

TRUNNELL NEWS said...

Good for you!!!!

Megan said...

That's super exciting, Stace! It sounds like a great opportunity for you and something you can really put your heart into. Yay for you!

Stephanie said...

Exciting Stacie! Glad it's official now and that your pay is increasing...that always helps! Sounds like 15 kids will be a perfect size to get started with. Hope the beach was fun yesterday! We missed you here. Move Back!