Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I love my husband!!

Well, Jess left not even an hour ago and I'm already missing him. He's spending the night in Raleigh tonight and flying to Illinois tomorrow morning for a friend's wedding. He'll be back Monday morning...which seems like an eternity right now. Time will go fast and all that, but I hate being away from him! I get very sentimental about his stuff around the apartment when he's gone (for example, I like to sleep on his pillow). Am I weird?? And then by the end of the trip I just get irritable and grouchy. I can't help it, he's just too sweet...

Last night when I got home I opened the door and instantly noticed how clean everything was. Yes, things were put away and the carpet was vacuumed, but he CLEANED. For example, cleaned shelves in fridge, cleaned underneath the microwave, cleaned underneath the nasty burners, hand washed dirty dishes, etc. It was a wonderful sight and I was very appreciative. I had already thought about how I would be spending part of my Saturday and now I don't have to! :) Jesse's first response was, "Well, I wanted you to be relaxing while I was gone and not cleaning." He's always been very thoughtful and concerned about how I spend my free time. I just love that about him, always taking care of me and looking out for me. Then today he bought me some of my favorite snacks to have while he was gone. :) And this was before he filled up my car with gas before he left town. Ah the little things. I am so blessed and so grateful...

2 comments:

TRUNNELL NEWS said...

You are VERY blessed my dear! Enjoy!

Megan said...

Very sweet! Hopefully the days will go by fast for you until he gets back!