Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentines Day!

We had a GREAT Valentine's Day!!! We decided this year to have a "low key" day and not do the typical "dinner and a movie" thing. Not that there's anything wrong with that because we normally do that. I asked Jesse a couple of weeks ago if he had any plans and he said he was thinking of spending the day in Raleigh, which sounded fun. But after we talked about it, we decided to save a little money and stay home. (We are trying to save a little money for a trip with friends to Charleston in April).

We woke up Saturday morning and enjoyed Jesse's favorite breakfast treat..."monkey bread". We also used these red plates for the first time! I bought a set of these at Pier 1 before we were even engaged and kind of forgot about them. :)


Thought I would post some Valentine decorations in our apartment...


Don't look too closely at the calendar because it's from last year, haha.



This picture was taken on our honeymoon. :)


I got these dish towels at one of my bridal showers...either from my mom or my sister?? I forgot about these last year too. Maybe I need to look through my cupboards more! :)




Valentine magnets on our fridge. Cute :)


I made a pot roast for dinner and it was so yummy. Jesse peeled the potatoes while I got everything else ready. I love when he helps me cook! :)


Right before we stuffed our faces! I have one cute Valentine. :)


Our simple, but pretty table. Jesse made me a c.d. of some of my favorite love songs and we listened to it while we ate dinner. It was quite romantic and we even slow danced in the middle of the living room. :) Can't do that in a restaurant!

I also made a chocolate cake and decorated it with Valentine sprinkles and tried to make a big "B" but it ended up looking like an "8" so I didn't post a picture because it was ugly, haha. :)

Jess: I LOVE being your wife and I thank God for blessing me with you. You are my best friend and I love you more than words can describe. Thank you for choosing me to spend the rest of your life with. Looking forward to the next 50 Valentine Days with you!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stace, loved hearing about your day. Looked very romantic! And I got you those towels by the way. I totally wish I could have seen your "B/8 cake." haha....is it something like the "mug" you made mom? Because I'd love to see it. Anyway, I think the picture of you and your roast is way pretty of you.

Jesse and Stacie said...

Jen- no it was nothing like the mug I made Mom! But it wasn't cute either...I should have just sprinkled it all and forgot the darn B. Oh well, it tastes really good :)

Stephanie said...

Good thing Jennie took the credit for the dish towels, because I almost did! I thought I gave you those, but maybe it was recipe book??? Anyway, looks like Valentine's Day was fun for you guys. You look very official in your apron :) I look like a whale in mine right now!

Jay & Leta Palmer said...

Love it! :) Looks like it was a great time!