Sunday, July 5, 2009

The Unknown

Thought I would give an update on what is happening with us. Jesse is working day and night (literally) to finish his thesis by July 31st. It will be at least 150 pages long..yikes! Not only does he have to finish it, he also has to present/defend it to faculty, his committee, etc. Therefore, he's under a lot of stress, but handling it quite well. I've learned this about my husband, he doesn't get frazzled by much. He just deals with problems as they come and focuses on the present issue. And in this case, you have to have that outlook in order to remain sane! I'm trying to feed him well balanced meals and take care of other things so he doesn't have to worry about anything else. :) Every day is critical and I want this thing to be finished just as much as he does (well, probably not...) :)

I won't say much about applying for jobs, because it's probably not smart to have that specific information on the internet for anyone to see. However, we are encouraged with what we have found and are hopeful that the "right job" is out there. In the meantime, please pray for us because it is a stressful time. I go through a number of emotions in any given day. I try to "hide" these from Jesse because I don't want to cause him further stress, but often times I just need to vent/complain/whine, etc. :) It's easy to say "Oh God has a plan for us" but it's another thing to believe it and trust Him with ALL the details. And believe me...there are A LOT of details. It's not an easy place to be right now, but it's where God has us. I'm learning to wait on His timing...even though it's hard....

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalms 46:10

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Stace,

We will pray for Jesse as he wraps this journey up and presses on to finish every detail. You are right though, God created him to be a calm cucumber and He will sustain Jesse every day as the stress builds and the time lessens. I'm sure his thesis is beyond good, and incredibly thorough, down to the last detail. I know you would both agree, but we can't wait for him to be done!! You're so close now...

Now we will know how to specifically pray for you, as you support him and shoulder some of the burdens for him too. Although it is cliche' to say, God does have a plan in mind for you and He will honor your trust in Him, as messy as it might be. He isn't looking for perfection, just a heart that beats for Him. This is a great chance for you two to grow deeper in your faith and closer to one another...Remember, "this is a test, this is only a test :)"

I currently live in James 1, because I also feel like every day (and sometimes every 5 minutes) is a test. However, God delights in knowing that you are willing to go where He leads you and that you are willing to trust Him and rest in Him, even when fail and it feels impossible. He sees both of your hearts and knows all those concerns. He will open those doors and take care of every detail in His time, which is often the hardest part. Keep going back to His word and get your comfort and peace there, it will calm your heart and mind and help you know the best way to minister to Jesse.

My favorite part of James 1 is verses 5-8...

"If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, WHO GIVES GENEROUSLY, WITHOUT FINDING FAULT, AND IT WILL BE GIVEN TO HIM." But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double minded man, unstable in all he does."

God longs to give wisdom to you, and to give it GENEROUSLY, if you believe that He will answer you and you are ready to obediently respond. We know that the "testing of your faith develops perseverance, and perseverance must finish its work so that you may mature and complete, not lacking in anything." There is a reward for your perseverance and an end in sight, but you are in that "developing, and finishing its work" stage that is so tough.

We love you both! You are blessed with families on both sides that are here for you, no matter what, even in the details of waiting...so IF you are overwhelmed and need help, ASK! We would love to help you, not because we don't think you can handle it, but because we love you and we want to ease the burden :) Someday, you will look back on this time as one of the greatest experiences of your lives, because you will be reaping the blessings of persevering under stress, asking God for wisdom, and obediently following His direction.

In the meantime, keep filling us in...we're all dying to know what we can do. And in case you're in a tough spot down the road, Ava says she's up for roommates!

So there you have it, unsolicited advice from your older sister :) (I know, your favorite!) If you don't approve this comment, I'll know you weren't looking for advice, and that's OK too :) I just felt my maternal instincts kicking in and these days they are tough to control! Now I know a taste of how Mom and Dad must feel...

Anyway, love you and praying for you today. Hope this week is a productive one! Swim your cares away in the pool and get a treat at Sonic :) It's what I would do!

Love,
Steph

Jenny said...

Hey Stacie, Just wanted you to know that we will be praying for you and Jesse in these stressful days. He is blessed to have you by his side as he finishes up this chapter! Praying for wisdom and discernment as to what is next and for God's clear leading. You are loved and we feel blessed to pray for you and see what God has in store for your family. Hang in there~ love, the Lowe Family