WOW. The last couple of days have been a blur. I'm just now beginning to process what is actually happening. Let me start from the beginning...
One week ago, we started packing up our apartment. We had previously turned in our 30 day notice to our apartment complex and had to be out by September 30th. Leta and Jay had graciously offered to "take us in" and let us temporarily live with them, while we continued to apply for jobs. We were going to work at Jay's company (Enterprise) and try to save some money for when we eventually moved. We were excited to be living with them, but feeling really bad about invading their new house with all of our STUFF. However, we were extremely grateful for this opportunity.
We had been so busy packing and focusing on transitioning to Virginia, that we had abandoned our job searching for a few days. Tuesday, the 8th, I found a few positions that I thought were worth pursuing while Jesse was at the beach doing another survey with his professor. I noticed that one of the jobs in particular was only available for 1 day, so we tackled that one Tuesday night and another one Wednesday morning. After applying on Wednesday morning, Jesse went to confirm our moving truck reservation for Monday morning, the 14th. He called me about an hour later and said, "Uhhhhh Stace, I just got a call from the place we applied to last night and I'm 90% sure I will get the job." WHAT?!?!?! He went on to tell me that the guy "interviewing" him was very positive and mentioned several times how qualified he was, etc. He even told Jesse he skipped to his resume and interviewed him before 5 others because it was that impressive. Jesse said, "I just got a very good impression from him and think he's really interested. He also said he has to hire someone this week and would let me know."
My first reaction was, well good, at least we’ll know by the end of the week. Then immediately thought...we have to give 48 hours notice if we wanted to cancel our truck reservation, which makes that Friday (i.e. the end of the week). Minor dilemma. However, I was also very excited about this possibility, but trying to be cautious for my emotions sake. I later went to Target to get some things for the move and found this to be a good distraction. :) Every once in awhile I would be reminded of the phone call or the job and get excited/nervous all over again.
I walked in the door and two minutes later Jesse’s phone rang. “It’s him!” he said. He went into the office and I nervously paced our apartment, pretending to be doing something. :) They talked for awhile and I was thinking this was probably good news. He slowly walked out of the office, with a little smile on his face. He threw his arms up in the air and said, “I got the job!” I ran to hug him and cried tears of happiness. It was so surreal, I can’t even describe it.
People all along had said comments like, “It’ll happen when you least expect it” or “God’s timing will amaze you.” And this DEFINITELY happened when we least expected it and His timing was unbelievable, to say the least. We were NOT expecting a job when we were so focused on packing and leaving. Not to mention getting a job in less than 24 hours from when we applied for it!! I always wanted it to happen when we least expected it, but didn’t really think it would. I often thought about how exciting it would be to someday have a “story” to share about His perfect timing and now we do!
As we had been packing our boxes over the past week, I came across my “Fall Decorations” and it honestly made me sad to think that this year I most likely wouldn’t get any of that stuff out. (Some of you may think that is ridiculous, but you don’t understand my love for fall and decorating for holidays). :) I also remember telling Jesse at least a month ago that my only birthday wish was to be employed. God cares. Even about the small things. No matter how ridiculous they sound. :) Jesse wants to know if that is STILL all I want for my birthday :)
So that’s our story in a nutshell. We are incredibly thankful. It’s been a rough summer, but God has revealed his faithfulness to us once again.
Jesse accepted a position in Norfolk, VA and we are moving next weekend (the 19th). He will be employed by a national geospatial company (www.3001inc.com) while working at the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers office in Norfolk. We are driving up Monday and spending two days to look for a place to live and get better acquainted with the city. The metro area is nearly 2 million people so hopefully 2 days is enough! We drove through and spent the night in Virginia Beach last summer (our first and only time there). Jesse has been researching the city and both of us have been diligently looking for apartments online.
That's all for my lengthy post. I hope it was worth reading. Thank you for your prayers and encouragement along the way. We love you!!
Saturday, September 12, 2009
His perfect timing
Posted by Jesse and Stacie at 11:09 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Oh Stacie, that is such a neat story! I'm glad it is all working out for you two!! Happy apartment hunting!
Yay! It's even better reading about it all over again :) Can't wait to see where you land, now that you're employed again! I'm sure it will be a beautiful place to live and for the rest of us to visit! Enjoy this weekend (especially now that Iowa has desecrated Iowa State) and have fun looking for apartments next week!
It was TOTALLY worth it. I definitely wanted to hear all of the details. I would love to hear more Jesse's job once he starts too. It sounds rather fasincating to me..
Congreats!
Post a Comment